Germany hosts world's first AU 16 construction site (Landshut)
A new section has now expanded the 750-mm-wide AU series from ProfilARBED, with the AU 16 joining the already well-established AU 20 section.
The new AU 16 section naturally features all the advantages of the other profiles in the 750-mm-wide AU series. It is part of the range of 1600 cm3/m section modulus sheet piles, and will undoubtedly win market share very quickly.
Like all U-shaped sections from ProfilARBED, the AU 16 can be rolled up or down by 0.5 mm, in order to adjust the section more closely to static load requirements.
The advantages of the AU series at a glance
- Reduction of the number of sheet piles and shorter installation time thanks to greater system width of 750 mm
- Cost savings due to reduced mass per square meter of wall as compared with the PU series
- Compatible with existing driving equipment
- Improved driving efficiency due to optimized sectional geometry
- Wider pile back for simpler anchor fixing
- Improved watertightness due to fewer interlocks, with accompanying cost savings on sealing of the joints
- Cost savings through reduced coating area
- Manufactured out of 100% recycled steel in accordance with international standards, re-usable and recyclable